Sunday, December 28, 2014

Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Oven Baked & Homemade Cocktail Sauce




I love shrimp. It's just how it is. I'm sure there are others of you out there who feel the same way. I haven't found a shrimp that I don't like to chomp. Unfortunately, however, I am landlocked and sequestered high up and away in the Rocky Mountain West. My shrimp is generally found frozen. I work with what I have.

I am also a Pinterest aficionado. It would be great if all of the things I pinned would just work themselves out on their own. I pin and I pin, and sometimes, sometimes, I try.

Well tonight, I tried a Pinterest recipe I set aside about a year ago for oven baked shrimp. As I usually do, I made a variety of adjustments to appease my own palate. The shrimp turned out amazing and we are definitely going to put this into the regular rotation.

I also really like to make homemade sauces and the homemade cocktail sauce is an easy winner that we have made on a number of occasions.

So tonight: Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp (oven baked) and Homemade Cocktail Sauce. I served it with crusty rolls as sops for the delicious lemon-butter-herb sauce that was in the bottom of the pan when everything was done cooking.

Happy eating . . . now go have a party in your mouth! :)

Homemade Cocktail Sauce

1.5 C. Ketchup
2 Heaping Tbsp Ground Horseradish, Beaver Brand Extra Hot Prepared Grated
1 tsp. Chili Garlic Sauce, Huey Fong Foods
½ of a small lemon, juiced
1 tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Black Cracked Pepper

Combine all ingredients and whisk together. You can serve immediately or refrigerate to let the flavors mingle.

Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Oven Baked

2 Lg. Lemons
1 small bouquet of Thyme, Parsley and Dill
1 Stick of Butter, melted
1 pkg. 31-40 Frozen, Raw, Peeled, Deveined, Tails-on Shrimp
2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
Garlic Powder
Salt
Italian Seasonings

In a 350 degree oven, melt butter in the cooking tray that you will be using.

Slice 1.5 Lemons, fairly thin. Chop the parsley and the dill.

When butter has melted remove from the oven and lay out the sliced lemons. Spread out the chopped parsley and dill. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the herbs and lemon slices. Pour and arrange the shrimp onto the prepared tray, arranging for them to be as flat as possible. Squeeze the remaining ½ lemon over the shrimp, then sprinkle with garlic powder and the Italian seasonings. Top with the thyme.

Place tray back into the oven and cook for 22 minutes. Remove and serve immediately, or you can chill them and serve them cold or over a salad.

If you shrimp are fresh or thawed, not frozen, cook them for 15-17 minutes.

Additional Options:

Firecracker Shrimp: Substitute given herbs for Cilantro and Parsley, substitute Italian seasoning for salt, pepper, cayenne pepper powder, onion powder and garlic powder. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top of the shrimp in addition to the lemon. Bake per the given.

Paprika Onion Garlic Butter Shrimp: Melt butter, layer lemons and thinly sliced onions and minced garlic. Arrange shrimp per the given. Mix together ½ C. of melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and paprika. Pour over the shrimp. Bake per the given.

No comments:

Post a Comment